Friday, April 5, 2024

Some Small Projects Accomplished

I'm in-between quilts, so I had decided to work on some smaller projects.  I had a few bags, either partially started or an idea in my head, that I wanted to finally finish.

With the first bag, I wanted to make a bag from a fabric panel.  I had fallen in love with the En Bleu collection from Clothworks.  The print includes flowers, birds, and butterflies, along with French writing.  The colors consists of turquoise and aqua blue on cream and khaki backgrounds.

fabric:  En Bleu from Clothworks                                                                                                    free pattern:  Northcott Farmer's Market Everyday Tote


The pattern instructions include pockets for inside the bag.


And I added a zippered pocket as well.


The second bag is a fun bag consisting of bright neon colors and mottled textures.  It is made from a panel, where all the pieces are printed on the fabric.  There are no frustrations of getting the measurements precisely correct.  The directions and illustrations on the panel made it easy to sew together.



My third bag is made by using the chenille process.  It is a smaller bag, and it is the perfect size to carry smaller sewing projects when I go on trips.

This is the first time at testing the chenille process.  Although it is an easy technique (4 layers of flannel, sew straight lines, cut, fluff), it can be very time consuming.  I only used a half yard of flannel, and folding it into 4 layers, it only gave me a 10 x 18 working surface, thus the smaller bag size.

Despite the time-consuming process to making this bag, the end result of the soft, fuzzy rows is worth it.  I may make a large bag in the future.



And now, which quilt I will work on next?

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: