Monday, December 11, 2023

Farm Girl Vintage - Grandma's Quilt Block


When I was choosing the fabrics for this block, I didn't care for the colors that were shown inside the book, with the instructions.  I liked the coloration of the block that was used in the quilt that was on the cover of the book.  So, I chose colors that were close to the colors used in that quilt.

This the image used inside the Farm Girl Vintage book.


And this is the image from the cover of the book.  I couldn't get a good photo from the cover.  The colors didn't come very well.  The color of pink triangles, in the outer edge of the block, is so light.  I could barely see that it was there.


The colors I chose weren't exact.  Some of the pieces were slightly different.


 





Even though I don't care for the pink, I do like how these colors work off each other.  It could be a color scheme used in an actual quilt made by a grandma.


Her quilt may even look like this:


I'm also adding two more blocks, Sunny Sunflower block and Farm fresh Flower block.


With these three blocks added, we almost have half the blocks added to the quilt.

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

p.s. 
here is the corrected Farm Fresh block, explanation in the next post


No comments: