Monday, January 1, 2024

A Christmas Gift

A very special young lady had told me that her sewing machine was giving her some grief.  I had her machine checked at my local quilt shop and the issue seems to be fixed.  Before I returned her sewing machine, I had to add something extra.  Since this was going to be her secondary machine, I had to make a cover for her machine.

 
It was only a few days before Christmas, so I had a short amount of time to make it as a Christmas gift.  I had spotted a post on Pinterest from The Patchsmith, of a sewing machine she had made. 



It was very cute and functional, and I knew it was the style I wanted to make.  I had looked through my fabric stash and found some sewing themed fabrics.  Luckily, I did have small pieces of batting to use with it.


I quilted straight vertical lines on the body of the cover and quilted diamonds on the sides.


On one side of the cover, I had placed a pocket.


And the other side, I had placed a zippered pocket.


Since she will be setting this machine aside for a while, it will have a cover to keep it dust free until the next time she will need to use it.

Til next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: