Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Birthday Mystery Quilt Idea

I haven't started the Birthday Mystery quilt, from Laundry Basket Quilts, yet. I have told myself that I wouldn't start mine until my birthday month in March.  So, I have a long two month wait.  I'm hoping to get a few projects done before I start on it.



So far, Edyta has introduced 5 blocks.  They are made using her Cocoa Blue fabric collection, and I will, as well.  She is using a light background fabric (Linen Texture 9057-L3) in the samples she has been showing.  She has also suggested using a taupe background (Linen Texture 9057-N3).  I love the color of taupe, so I have been debated which color to use.

Then I was thinking, if I make two blocks, one in light and another in taupe, I may be able to alternate the colors.


If I choose this color setting, I'll have a second set of blocks that won't be used.  I'm going to have to think of another project that I can use them in.  At the end of the year, Edyta had said that there may be different layouts for this quilt.  If I'm lucky, I may have two quilts made will these blocks!

Til next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: