Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Another Valentine's Day Project? - Part Two

I love the images of the Heart to Heart pillow, from Laundry Basket Quilts.  I would have loved to replicate the pillow, exactly, but the Strawberries and Cream charm pack didn't have all the 5-inch squares that were used in the image.  

The charm included all the fabrics, that were used in the image.  In the charm pack, some of the fabrics were doubled, which worked out perfectly when that fabric was used twice in the pillow.  There were singles of some fabric, but unfortunately, it was used twice in the pillow.  I was lucky that I had some of this background fabric, from an another unfinished quilt.

 

This is the image from the Heart to Heart pattern.


With a bit of rearranging, I ended with this compromise. 


Now, I've got figure how I'd like to machine quilt the pillow.  I'd like to quilt something simple, something more than just straight-stitch quilting.  Maybe a meandering stitch, or a meandering-heart stitch?

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: