Saturday, March 2, 2024

Farm Girl Vintage - Reassembling of Colors

I'm a little frustrated.  I constructed each block, one by one, with a scrappy look.  I didn't sew them in a particular order.  I tried to pick fabric and the colors close to the ones shown in the Farm Girl Vintage book.

Once I had the rows laid out, I could see what the quilt was going to look like, once it was put together.



But now, I see that there are some blocks, side-by-side, are using the same fabric.  It may not be a big deal, but I wanted a different array of fabrics used, to give a scrappy, bright and colorful look to the quilt.  With a group of blocks sharing the same fabric, that are right next to each other, may not give that image.


In one particular area, I had used a green fabric with a flowerpot print.  I had used it in five adjacent blocks.  



I might feel a little bit better if I changed the fabric in the Pie Cherries and the Pinwheels block.  That would mean another meeting with Mr. Ripper. : (

With the sashing added and more of a separation between the blocks, would it look less apparent?  Am I the only one who sees it as an eyesore?

I'm going to have to set this quilt aside for a while, and then I can look at it with a new eye.

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: