Saturday, March 16, 2024

Farm Girl Vintage - Reassembling of Colors - Part 2

I took a short break from my Farm Girl Vintage quilt.  I had to set it aside and so that I wouldn't look at the blocks.  Hopefully, I can see it at a new point of view.

I had to decide not to keep dissecting the quilt apart.  If I reconstructed every block, that had a matching fabric in its neighboring block, I could be changing most of the blocks.  I might as well make another quilt. 

I did change the greens in this series of blocks.  I think I continually used this green fabric because it was the darkest of the greens I that in my Lori Holt stash - and I did like it a lot!  I switched them out with another fabric, with a lighter green shade.  


Altogether, with the fabric change, it doesn't look so flawed, in my opinion.


I'm not going to change any more of the blocks.  I may be the only one who will see the duplication of the fabrics, since I am my worst critic.

Next, I'll be putting together the sashing between the rows.  I'll have to be more diligent in making sure I don't do the same thing with the cornerstone fabrics.  This seems like a never-ending dilemma!

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -  

No comments: