Sunday, May 26, 2024

More Small Projects

I try to accomplish some smaller projects in-between my quilt projects with something that is quick to finish, well, sometimes.  Although I love making quilts, my quilts-in-progress can seem so arduous and time consuming.  I need to take a short break from them.

I feel the need to explain some of my small projects.  I am very fortunate - I work at my favorite quilt shop!  And at my quilt shop, I have the obligation of making store samples for the shop.  When new fabric collections and patterns come into the store, I get bombarded with ideas of what I can create with them.

Here are a couple of those new projects:

This is the Highland tote bag made with the Colors of Summer fabric collection.   


The fabric collection reminds me of picnics with a patriotic tone.  In addition, it has an embroidered look to it, which was what attracted me to these fabrics.


This bag includes outer pockets as well as an ample number of inside pockets.  It would make a great bag to carry a sewing project in.







Fabric:  Colors of Summer fabrics

Tote bag pattern:  Highland Tote pattern

And here, we have a playmat made with Under the Sea fabric. 

I enjoyed making this because of the "shark teeth" (altered prairie points) around the edges.


In addition, long-arm quilting was added!  I, personally, didn't quilt it, but I am hoping to learn to do so soon!!



Till next time,  

- - - - Jane - - - - 

No comments: