Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Another UFO - 2021 Mystery Quilt - Michigan

It was 2020 when I moved into a newer, larger house.  I was ecstatic that I was finally going to have a dedicated sewing room for myself.  It took a while to get the house all situated and my sewing room was one of the last areas we worked on.  One of the first quilts I started, in this new house, was LBQ's 2021 mystery quilt, Michigan.

It's hard to believe how limited my sewing area was.  At that time, I was sewing this quilt on a folding TV tray at the end of the hallway.  I had stashed my blue and light fabrics in a plastic storage box on the floor.

I, now, have the body of the quilt pieced together and the next step is to create the applique border.  
I had to locate the silhouettes for the applique and the light background fabric (Perfect Union 9577-L).



And now I have to figure out how to layout the applique pieces to the border.




I think I'm liking the way it looks on one border.  Now, I have to transfer the markings onto the other three.  I hope I have enough spacing between the pieces.

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - - 

No comments: