Tuesday, October 8, 2024

I Couldn't Resist - Little Basket Contest

I had restarted this blog to keep track of UFOs, particularly my quilts, I've been working on small projects lately.  It seems as if I've been telling myself, "I'll work on a quilt after this small project."  Currently, I would like to make two more tote bags and finish up on some autumn-themed pillows I had started two years ago. I didn't want to start any more small, long-term projects that would interrupt my goal.  But I am very weak.

On August 31, Laundry Basket Quilts had introduced a new sewing challenge: Little Basket Contest.  The challenge is to make the baskets that are represented in their Little Basket quilt pattern.  For every six baskets made, you will receive 1 entry to their drawing, on November 15.  


I told myself I really didn't need to participate.  I had more important projects to work on.  The baskets are pretty small and so cute, I had to make just one.  Then, it was two.  Next thing I knew, I had 6 made!  I emailed my entry, so at least I had one entry to their contest.

Before I knew it, I was going through my Laundry Basket Quilts fat quarters (from their Fabric Club) to make more.  

My little baskets:




As I said, I am so weak.  They are easy to make, so I had to make more!  I think I should be okay, if I just keep using the fabrics that I have in my stash.

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - - 

No comments: