Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Working on My Farm Girl Vintage Quilt



Today is October 31.  Happy Halloween!!  I can't believe just how fast the year has flown by.  It will be winter and snowing before we know it.

A few years ago, I had knee surgery.  I had fallen in love with the Vintage Farm Girl quilt and I thought it was a good project to work on while I was recovering.  Working on a 6 inch x 6 inch block seemed easy enough.



Which block should I start with, this second time?  The first block that jumped out at me was the Scrappy Strawberry block. 

 

The funny thing is that I really don't know why.  I'm not a pink person, but I do like the small 1 inch blocks in it.

When I originally started this quilt, I purchased several of Lori Holt's fabric lines.  I tried to match the fabrics that I saw in the quilt.  I had about 9 pinks and 9 greens.


Once I started piecing, I started seeing the shades of pink that just didn't seem to jive next to each other, in my opinion.  I moved some of the pieces around.



And then, I realized that it really didn't make much of a difference!  I'm happy with how my block turned out.


I'm adding two additional blocks that I had finished prior to today - the Farmhouse block and the Pinwheels block.


Until next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: