Saturday, February 24, 2024

Baby Tahoe is Finished

We are finally here!  The Baby Tahoe quilt top is finished!

Since this quilt is a smaller version of the original Tahoe quilt, I was fairly surprised with how well it came together.  Don't get me wrong, the tiny 3/8-inch diamonds were a chore to line up.  I'm proud of myself for not giving up, when it got frustrating.

My Baby Tahoe quilt top measures 32 1/2 x 32 1/2 inches square, compared to the Tahoe quilt, which measures at 84 1/2 x 84 1/2 inches square.  Although it's not a miniature sized quilt, it is approximately a third of the size of the original.

My Baby Tahoe quilt.

An image of the Tahoe quilt from Laundry Basket Quilts.


Did I come close to replicating it?

I had placed a dime, to show just how little the 3/8-inch diamond is.


I have purchased the batting and I'm hoping to be able to get the backing fabric today.  Now, to figure how I'll quilt it.

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: