Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Farm Girl Vintage - Out to Pasture Block

 

The Out to Pasture block is one of my favorites because it includes the nine-patch block.  The nine-patch block has been one of my favorite quilt blocks since I've started quilting.

 




Once the nine-patch block is sewn together, the first strip can't be sewn completely to the nine-patch. I had sewn it from the top of the seam but stopped a half inch short of the end.


The next strips can then be sewn completely across.




Once I was back to the first strip, I completed the seam.


A little tricky, but it can be done.


The next two blocks I am adding are the Postage Stamp block and Country Crossroads block.


I really enjoyed the Postage Stamp block.  It was fun going through all the fabrics, picking a variety of colors and textures.

Just a few more blocks and they will be done!

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: