Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Birthday Mystery Quilt - Block 18

For this week's block, we have a house!!

 My block 17


From Laundry Basket Quilts blog


I have always loved a house themed quilt.  I'm sure that I have, at least, two schoolhouse UFO quilts somewhere in my sewing room.  I was thrilled when I saw the house block for this week's block.

I had found another complication with this block.  The fabric used in the roof has a striped design.  I had to be careful with the half-square triangles.  To cut the 2-inch half-square triangle, you could expose the white vertical line in the fabric.


I didn't want a vertical line in the roof.  Luckily, the space between the lines was 2 inches.  I could cut the triangle between those lines.

This was a quick block to sew together.  That's a good thing because I was a bit late with the last two.

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: