Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Fourth of July Fabric Contest

I have decided to participate in a contest, and it's been a long time since my last quilt related contest.    Laundry Basket Quilts is currently having a Fourth of July fabric contest.  The participants are to create a Fourth of July project using their red or blue star panel.

Star panel:  https://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/online-store/4th-of-July-Challenge-Half-Yard-Panel-p636067791


The project piece can be no smaller than 20 inches square and no bigger than 80 inches square.  That could mean something as large as a quilt or as small as a tote bag.  I decided to make a pillow.  


My pillow ended up measuring 22 inches x 22 inches.  The design was based in a table runner on my to-do list.  A 22-inch square pillow is a very large pillow, in my option.  Based on the size of the stars in the panel, this was the smallest I could create within the rules.


The last day to submit the entries is July 1, 2024, and the winners will be announced July 4, 2024.    

Wish me luck!!

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: