Monday, July 1, 2024

A Quilt for a New Baby

I have been diligently working on a baby quilt.  Now that the quilt had been gifted, I can reveal it.

My sister is expecting a new grandbaby in a couple of months.  I was told that the theme of the baby's room will be Baby Looney Tunes.  Luckily, I found some adorable fabric, Looney Tunes Little Dreamer, from Fabric Utopia.

Fabric for baby quilt:  Looney Tunes Little Dreamer

I picked one of the Looney Tunes Little Dreamer prints, along with two coordinating prints, along with a white background.


I wanted a mixture of prints in this quilt. I wanted to use the Looney Tunes fabric, predominately, along with some other coordinate fabrics.  With the colors used in the Looney Tunes characters, I picked yellow, pink, and black.  Once I placed all the colors together, I found that the pink dominated the quilt.  Even when I used the pink in a small-sized block, it looked a bit feminine, which I didn't want.

Using a graphic editor, I drew up a quilt.


And this is the quilt top.


To finish the quilt, I had to use straight line quilting since I find it difficult to free-motion quilt on my sewing machine.


And she loved it!!


Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - - 

No comments: