Monday, July 8, 2024

Charm Basket Quilt

I started this quilt last year, when my son was still in high school.  He participated in track and field, and as a parent who has a child in the track team, there is a lot of sitting and waiting for your child's next event.  To quicken the waiting time, I had brought with me, some applique to work on.

I had made an effort to sew the basket pieces at home and applique the handles at the track meets.  That meant 202 hand-appliqued handles!!  Once the upper and lower portions of the basket were finished, then was the simple process of sewing them together.

                             

When all the baskets were sewn together, I had to figure out the color layout.  The pattern was pieced together with a gradient color scheme, using printed fabrics.  I used Laundry Basket Quilt's Linen Texture fabrics, so my gradient coloring was going to a bit different.


Presently, I'm laying out the basket blocks, out on a bed, to see if I can assemble a pleasant color arrangement.

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - - 

No comments: