Monday, July 15, 2024

My Version of a Little Quilt

One year ago, Laundry Basket Quilts launched their Little Quilts Club.  Once you had subscribed to the club, you would receive a fabric kit and pattern for a little quilt.  The first little quilt that was introduced was Little Trip.

Laundry Basket Quilts - Little Trip video

Although I'd like to include myself in the Little Quilts Club, I was already subscribed in their Fabric Club. I really didn't want to spend the extra money for another subscription program. The Fabric Club consists of twelve fat quarters from Laundry Basket Quilts, sent to you monthly.  They are usually put together by theme, such as red and green for Christmas.

The Little Trip quilt is based on the Trip Around the World pattern - Trip Around the World pattern.  The quilt measures 54 1/2 inches x 62 1/2 inches.  Little Trip measures approximately 18 1/2 inches x 23 1/2 inches.

  • I'm not positive of the measurements of the Little Trip quilt.  Since I haven't subscribed to the Little Quilts Club, I tried to view the pattern measurements from the YouTube video.  All my measurements, for the Little Trip quilt, may not be accurate.

I wanted to make a miniature quilt version of this quilt and I wanted to use the same fabrics used in the original. I didn't know if would look similar since the squares were going to be about half the size.  I believe the Little Trip quilt was made up with 1-inch squares.  Mine is made with 1/2-inch squares.  With the size reduced, I was worried that they wouldn't have the same visual effect, such as with the large floral prints.  

Now that the squares are pieced together, I'm pretty surprised with the outcome.  It looks just like the original.


Based on the measurements, my guess on the size of the original Little Trip quilts was wrong.  I'm anticipating my Miniature Trip quilt will be 17 inches long and the Little Trip quilt is approximately 23 1/2 inches long.  It is about 2/3rds of the size.  I was hoping it would be half.

Next, is to add the border.


Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - - 

No comments: