Friday, October 11, 2024

Birthday Mystery Quilt - Block 41

I was looking forward to this week's block.  I loved the little squares, set on point.   

   My block 41


 From Laundry Basket Quilts blog 


As usual, I carefully cut each piece according to the directional layout.  Some were had to be cut on the bias, while some were cut on the grain.  I even cut the center block with a peek of the tan print, just like the example.

It was very simple to piece together.  Once I had completed it, I had seen that I had pinned some of the rows incorrectly.  In the example, the light blue fabric has the rosebuds facing up.  When I was sewing the rows together, it was late at night, and I wasn't paying attention to the rosebuds.  I was paying more attention to matching up the seams.  

I had seen my upside-down rosebuds after the block was finished.  I really didn't want to disassemble the rows again, so I think I'll leave it as they are. 

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - - 

No comments: