Sunday, November 12, 2023

Another Quilt Idea?

I had mentioned about the Tahoe quilt in an earlier post.  Since the Tahoe Quilt Along is currently going on, I'm watching the progress of that quilt, on-line.  I've told myself that I'm not going to start on another quilt before I finish one of my UFOs first.  But, what about a mini quilt?  Could I count that as a "regular" quilt?  In my mind, I say "Nope!"  And that starts a new process of exploring different ways of creating a miniature Tahoe quilt.

In her Tahoe Quilt Along YouTube videos, Edyta Sitar posts one diamond block each day, for 24 weeks.  She is currently on block #14.  I've been watching the videos daily, for the last 14 days, 2 weeks of being teased with this quilt!!  I hate to admit it, but I really want to join in!


I had to sit down and draw up some ideas.  The Tahoe Quilt is made up of 1-inch diamonds.  I'd like to make mine with 3/8-inch diamonds.  It would make less than half the size.  It should be approximately 30 x 30 inches, compared to the original 84 1/2 x 84 1/2 inches.  30 x 30 inches isn't a miniature quilt, but it is small. 


The small diamond, on the left, will be the size of my small diamond block.  The right is the original block size.

Until next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: