Sunday, November 12, 2023

Farm Girl Vintage - Mama Hen Block


The next block is the Mama Hen block.  It was a simple lay-out with small triangle points used for the comb on top of its head.  Visually, it doesn't look much like a chicken.


 

Once the primary pieces are sewn together, it starts looking better.  Especially with the comb and beak.



Now, it looks like a chubby mama!


Here are a few blocks I had made, when I first started this quilt, a few years ago.  Baby Chick block and Egg Basket block are a few in the same chicken theme.



My quilt is slowly coming together.


As a side note:  another quilt by Lori Holt, designer of Farm Girl Vintage, is Chicken Salad quilt.


I really enjoy applique.  The curves of the chickens and roosters in this quilt are very interesting!
(images are from Lori Holt's blog, A Bee in my Bonnet)


Maybe I can see this quilt sometime in the future.

Until next time,

- - - -Jane - - - -

No comments: