Thursday, November 9, 2023

Laundry Basket Quilts Addiction

I have gone through many phases in my quilting journey.  There was a time when I was really into Civil War quilts.  And another time I fell in love with the vintage look of Depression Era quilts, and I made a few of those.  And there was a time when all I wanted to make was miniature quilts.  Even though I love all quilts, my fondness of certain styles of quilts come and go. 

Currently, my enthusiasm is focused on Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts. 


Within the last few years, I have started a few of her quilts, or collected her beautiful fabric for future quilts.  I've have a lonngggggg list of projects I want make with her designs.  On her website: Laundry Basket Quilts, Edyta usually has activities happening that draws me into another new project.  For example, her Tahoe Quilt Along.

The Tahoe Quilt Along is an activity that she is currently working on through Youtube. I'm enchanted by it's diamonds, and there are no Y-seams!  There are several options of this quilt, using her different fabric lines.  I'm loving her blue version.  I'll be writing more about this Tahoe quilt in a later post.  You can follow this quilt along by following her at Laundry Basket Quilts: Quilting Window on Youtube or you can check it out on her blog at her website.


For the time being, I'm going to try to keep myself occupied with Edyta's smaller projects.  I had recently purchased her Little Beach House kit. It is a small house that can be used as a pincushion or it can be an ornament for a Christmas tree.


I loved the blue color themed fabrics that was included in the kit.  


The pieces were small and simple to sew together.  It didn't take much time to have it all together.  I'm thrilled with how it turned out!


Since it is filled with stuffing, it has a bit of a rounded appearance.  And I had an idea!  If I cut cardboard and line it inside the walls of the house, would it have a more structured appearance?



Can you tell a difference?


I also added a hand embroidered heart on the bottom corner of the house, just like Edyta's pincushion house!


Until next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: