Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Baby Tahoe - Diamond #2


There is nothing like the feeling of new fabric arriving in the mail!  The excitement of starting another project.  My fabric for Baby Tahoe quilt arrived yesterday.  It was a couple of days late, so I was anxiously waiting for it to arrive.


I'm planning on making the blue version of the Tahoe quilt.  I had chosen eight Linen Texture fabrics, four for the blue and four for the cream.

The Tahoe quilt I'm wanting to create is the blue version.  In the image used on their website, it is made up using fabrics from the Bluebird collection.  With the diamonds being so small in size, I was worried if each of the printed fabrics would have a cohesive color theme. 


With a diamond the size of 3/8 of an inch, it would of an unpredictable color shade that would come through with the print.  Here's a few examples with the different fabrics:





I'm afraid that once the fabric is cut, the color shade will jump around.  That may cause the quilt to not have the look that I want.  That's the reason why I had chosen to use the Linen Texture fabric.  Without the print, each diamond cut from the fabric will be the same.  

I had to draw up a color comparison sheet.  I could visually see the shades of blue and cream, in each individual diamond block.  And then I labeled each fabric with a number.  


And here we are!  We have Diamond #2!


These small blocks are sewing up quicker than I thought they would.  It takes time to cut them out, so that the angles will accurate.  I keep stitches slow, so that the 1/4-inch seams stay consistent.  I can' wait for the next diamond!

Until next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: