Sunday, February 18, 2024

A Valentine's Day Pillow - Part Two

Where were we when we left off in the last Valentine pillow post?  We were at the finished envelope block.


Next, we'll be adding the cute little applique heart.

I had made my heart template from a plastic lid from a cottage cheese container.  I collect lids from margarine, dips, etc., containers.  The lids are easy to cut shapes for template.

To adhere the heart to the envelope, I used a fusible web, Steam-A-Seam 2.  I trace the heart template to the grid side of the fusible web.


When you cut the fusible we, cut outside of the pencil mark.


Then, peel the back side of the fusible web.  The fusible web will be tacky.


I placed the fusible web on the back side of some red fabric.  Since it is tacky, it allows you to reposition the fusible web, if you need to.


Now, cut out your fabric on the pencil line.


Once it is cut out, peel the paper on the back side and place the heart on the envelope. The back side will be sticky/tacky, so you can reposition the heart before adding the heat of the iron.  That's why it's my favorite fusible web!


Once the heart is ironed to the block, I was able to start machine appliqueing, using the blanket stitch.




Til next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: