Saturday, February 17, 2024

Color Matching Dilemna


I am really enjoying how my little Tahoe quilt is coming together.  I was laying out the first few of the wedges, when I realized that I didn't like how some of the darker blue shades were matching.  

In the photo, it may look like the lighting may have darkened the blues in the center of the quilt.  When the blues are placed side-by-side, it is a tad bit darker.  The first, center diamond was the only diamond where this blue was used.


The first diamonds were made with some of the Linen Texture fabrics I had in my stash.  Once I had them stitched together, I was in love.  I had to make more, so I ordered more blue and cream/beige fat quarters.  I tried to match the colors the best as I could.

It looks like I'm going to have to replace it with the blue used in the other diamonds.  I'm going to be spending time with Mr. Ripper for a while. : (

Til next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: