Sunday, September 15, 2024

Little Quilts Project - Little Garden - Part One

So sorry for being MIA.  I've started a small project that has taken quite a while to finish.  It is a hand-stitch project, and I've enjoyed it tremendously. 


I had purchased a Little Quilts Club quilt from Laundry Basket Quilts.  I'm creating a wall in my sewing room with miniature quilts, and I thought this quilt would be a perfect addition to the wall.  Although it is perfect as-is, I still wanted to reproduce it a little bit small than the original. 

The hexagons are tiny.  The hexagons I produced has 3/8-inch sides, while the original has 1/2 -inch sides.




The pattern used paper-piecing to construct the hexagons, but I wanted to do it differently.  With a Frixion pen, I used a plastic template and drew the hexagons, with its seam allowances, on the fabric.


By hand, I hand tacked the sides of each hexagon.  Once I got into the sequence of the construction, the sewing went rather smoothly.  Not quickly, but smoothly.  


I'm loving how it is slowly coming together.




In the next posts, I will be catching up on my Birthday Blocks and smaller projects that I've worked on while working on this Little Garden quilt.

Till next time,

- - - - Jane - - - -

No comments: